MARKET INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
Location: Candidate should be located in/near Winnipeg, MB or Victoria, BC. Potential to work from home.
Full-Time Term: 1 year (Negotiable) with option to extend. Preferred start date: 27 Nov 2017
We are seeking an experienced Market Analyst for a term, full-time professional position beginning Nov 27, 2017. Our Market Analyst will be an integral member of the business development team, and will be key to supporting business development, marketing and strategic planning activities by providing market intelligence, competitive intelligence, actionable target market recommendations and new business opportunities, based on research and assessment of markets, trends and competitors, both existing and potential.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development, our Market Analyst will engage in market intelligence gathering activities, including:
- Evaluate business opportunities and make recommendations on go/no go decision and priorities
- Conduct research to understand the value of our technology and products for use in specific market segments & end-use applications
- Recognize and monitor market and regulatory changes and identify strategies to address product development and leverage market entry
- Assess market dynamics, customers’ and consumers’ feedback about our products and services
- Analyze the competitive landscape, identify new direct and indirect competitors, and assess our relative market position and technology differentiation
- Identify unmet needs in specific market segments as input to the innovation pipeline of new products, services and solutions
- Identify, collect and analyze appropriate customer, competitor, market, economic, financial and/or operational data
- Translate data into executable and effective market and intelligence reports for use by the senior management
- Provide market intelligence to assist with building value propositions, business cases and financial models to support business development, strategic partnering, licensing and contract negotiations
This job will focus on:
- Gaining Market Insights
- Market Segmentation
- Quantification of business opportunities
- Identification of market drivers, trends and regulations and changes in same
- Identification & analysis of key players (partners, competitors etc.)
- Value Chain mapping
- Summarizing your analysis market reports, customer and consumer insights for senior management
- Make Recommendation on opportunities and priorities
- Provide input for business cases and cash flow models
- Provide input on market insights that have potential to drive business strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing, Statistics, Economics or related field. A technical background or degree in engineering or chemistry combined with business studies would be a plus. A graduate degree in Business, Marketing, Marketing Research, Analytics or related field would be considered an asset.
- 5-10 years of experience in Market Research, Market Intelligence or Business Analyst
- Experience with B2B or B2C primary & secondary research methodologies and resources, and development of robust, thorough market research plans
- Experience with business opportunity assessment and analysis. Experience in building business cases and financial models would be a significant asset
- Mid to Advanced level knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Awareness of corporate and operational business issues such as technology commercialization, product development cycles, marketing strategy, business models, etc. is preferred
- Proven independent project management skills
Highly Desired Analytical Experience/Skills:
- Experience in identifying the best market opportunities for early-stage platform technologies
- Ability to perform financial, statistical, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis of markets and competitors
Mindset and Intrapersonal Skills:
- Results-oriented, independent, entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- A flexible, “can-do” problem-solving attitude and comfortable working in a rapidly-changing environment
- Aspire to develop a business-owner mindset rather than a researcher mindset, being motivated and vested in the big-picture impact of research and insights
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships across functions
- Amenable to significant business travel if required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints
- Ability to network effectively with external contacts at all levels
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and capable of driving insight to action
- Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills; excellent written communication abilities
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Please forward your resume via email to: Sheri Governo, VP Business Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Nov 10, 2017.