We currently have 1 job opening.
1. Research & Development Chemist
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Exigence Technologies is in search of a driven chemist for a multifaceted research and development role with our team based out of Winnipeg, Canada. This person will be experienced in organic chemistry and be capable of applying fundamental principles across a variety of scientific disciplines. In other words, be able to use your knowledge in areas outside of your comfort zone.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Organic synthesis of Exigence Technologies proprietary and patented structures.
- Analytical analysis and purity verification of internally synthesized and supplier provided compounds.
- Develop quality control plans for determining the difference between side products/impurities and target compounds.
- Technical reports and interrogation of supplier provided data packages. Develop SOP’s, status reports and presentations.
- Perform laboratory equipment cleaning, verification and calibration where required.
- Seek out ideas for continuous improvement of processes and general lab operations and ensuring a safe laboratory environment is maintained.
- Research current developments in the target areas of our technology.
- Assist in the development of intellectual property and patent filings.
- Provide insight into the behaviours of Exigence Technologies proprietary and patented structures.
- Participate in scale-up projects and work with the Senior Scientist to successfully transfer knowledge to toll manufactures.
- Present technical updates to management and team members on a periodic basis, communicate technical information in a clear and succinct manner.
Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to transfer fundamental scientific knowledge into scalable synthesis routes. That includes ability to design new organic compounds after reading scientific publications and patents.
- Must be a team player and highly organized with a work style that exercises attention to detail.
- Comfortable in coaching and interacting with colleagues to build an effective and safe working environment.
- Ability to independently plan and execute synthesis routes, construct reaction schemes and plan material usage.
- An applied understanding of N-halamine chemistry is a strong asset.
- Experience in quaternization reactions is a strong asset.
- Experience in scaling up reactions is desired.
- Must have experience with performing NMR experiments and interpretation.
- Must be able to run HPLC experiments, specify experimental conditions and machine settings.
- Superior English language skills required.
Education & Experience:
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, Chemistry, Material Engineering, or other relevant disciplines or equivalent combination of education and relevant industry experience. New PhD graduates may be considered.
- Knowledge of organic synthesis, purification and analysis is essential.
- Understanding of polymer synthesis is a strong asset
- Process chemistry experience in a strong asset
- Familiarity with chemical regulatory testing is an asset.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume, along with three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always interested in coming into contact with people that have the right skills to help us further our company.
You can leave a message via the contact form on the website.