We currently have one opening based in Winnipeg, Canada.
Market Research Associate
Location: Winnipeg (Exigence Offices)
Full-Time Term (Youth Employment Program): April 30 – August 31, 2018 (negotiable) with option to extend into the 2018/19 school year
- Between 15-30 years of age
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or someone with refugee status
- Legally entitled to work
- A first-time participant in an NRC YES work experience program
We are seeking a brilliant, motivated individual with exceptional research and writing skills.
Reporting to the Vice President, Product, our Market Research Associate will engage in market intelligence gathering activities, including:
- Conducting primary data collection via key informant interviews in a B2B setting (via telephone and in-person);
- Undertake complex online secondary research (including competitive intelligence data gathering);
- Manage and input all collected data into report templates (Word) and databases (Excel, Survey Monkey, for example).
- A minimum two years of post secondary education in in Business, Engineering, Marketing, Statistics, Economics or related field. A technical background or degree in engineering or chemistry combined with business studies would be a plus.
- 5 years business / employment experience
- Advanced level knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills; strong presentation skills
Mindset and Intrapersonal Skills:
- Results-oriented, independent, entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- A flexible, “can-do” problem-solving attitude and comfortable working in a rapidly-changing environment
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships across functions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints
- Ability to network effectively with external contacts at all levels
- Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills; excellent written communication abilities
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skills. Please forward your resume and cover letter demonstrating how your skills and experience match our required qualifications via email to: Katherine Devine, VP Product, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than EOB April 20, 2018.